Sunday, February 7, 2010

Superbowl Cookies, Empire State Building, and Some New Celeb Friends

Hey everybody! Hope you all are enjoying/enjoyed the Superbowl!
I don't really care that much about football, but I'm sure you all knew that! My favorite parts are watching the national anthem and the halftime show! (Carrie=awesome except for her last note! The Who=old? And not as exciting as a halftime show should be haha.)
Ben & I had people over to watch the game though! A couple friends from Northeastern who are also doing co-op in NYC, as well as some friends of friends that we are getting to know. It was fun! I made some great football cookies :).

Work has been pretty great lately! While most of my daily responsibilities include logging morning shows, running errands, and answering phones, every once in a while a great opportunity comes up! I recently got to attend press junkets (press junkets: events in which members of large media corporations gather to interview cast of new movies for release in television shows, online, print media, etc.) for the new Martin Scorcese movie "Shutter Island" starring Leo Dicaprio, and also for "Percy Jackson and the Olympians: Lightning Thief", starring Pierce Brosan, Logan Lerman, Uma Thurman, etc. The first one was two Fridays ago, and the second was this past Friday. I got to meet all the stars of these movies, and even had a brief conversation with Scorcese and Logan Lerman, the star of "Percy".

Here's the cameras all set up and ready to go! They had me guard them while the crew ran downstairs real quick.

It was so amazing! The "Percy Jackson" junket was even more amazing because it took place on top of the Empire State building!! SO cool. They gave exclusive access to Entertainment Tonight and Access Hollywood to use the top of the building :).

Here's the view from the top of the Empire State building!

It was really great to be able to sit in on the interviews and see how the whole process works. I really like the job of the "directors" of the Entertainment Tonight segments--these are the people who write the questions and interview the actors and actresses for the clips that you see on TV! Possible career for me? We'll see :)

Here's David Batista, one of the Ent. Tonight directors who directed this shoot. In this shot he is interviewing Logan Lerman, the star of "Percy". I have a feeling that Logan is going to be "the next big thing". He's in talks to star as Spiderman in the new movies!

Here's Pierce Brosnan =):


In other news, I went home last weekend to visit. It was a great weekend and good to see my whole family and some of my friends. It was also great to get some mom-meals and be able to sleep in my own bed. We also went to see "Seussical" at High School North, which was really great. It was especially fun to see this show because they are doing "Seussical" at Northeastern this semester as well, even though I am obviously not there to be in it. Ben and I are going up to Boston to see the show in April, and we will also be going up to see the Spring Revue.

We are having some friends from Boston come visit us/stay in our apartment this weekend. I can't wait!!! We'll probably do some toursity things, and maybe see a show. I'll be sure to take some good pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment